Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend improved exponentially, in the company of my brilliant mates on a progressive houseparty through the streets of Northcote. Have done fuckall today besides make some cookies, it's been good.

I know this opinion may not make me the most popular person, but it saddens me very much to see some of the facebook pages calling for public humiliation of those people arrested for looting in Christchurch. I am as appalled by this behaviour as anyone and I am certainly not defending them - truly despicable behaviour. However some of the comments on these pages are beyond hatemongering... some of the posts are downright disturbing. The concept of justice seperates us from the animals, people. This is a time of high emotions and behaving like a lynch mob is not helpful to the healing process.

That's all.

No comments: